Research Your Blog Community – Do It!
No point blogging blind people! Remember, you are posting in an effort to interact with your readers and fellow bloggers in your industry. Whether you are just starting up or you are an old hand, it is always useful to know your Blog Community.
What is a Blog Community? – Yeah, um, good place to start. A Blog Community is a network of bloggers posting on a similar topic. By researching your blog community you are basically investigating if anyone else is blogging on your topic, product, service, industry, etc…
Why is it important to know your Blog Community? – So many reasons:
- to determine how often you should post in order to show in top positions on blog search engines
- to motivate yourself, when you’ve got the ‘Block’ on
- to familiarize yourself with your fellow bloggers and interact with them
- to learn new things, ie what systems are most popular, are trackbacks commonly allowed, etc
- if you are running a corporate blog, knowing if your competitors are in the blog space is important
How do I Research My Blog Community? – The quickest and most effective route is through the RSS Feed or Blog Search Engines. Rather than reading the most relevant search results, ie what a general Search Engine like Yahoo or Google provide, Bloggers want to read the most recent content. Here’s where to find it:
Go on, get your keywords and search!