Why Am I So Indecisive? Because of you?
If anyone knows me at all, they will never agree to go shopping with me. Yep, I admit it, I am a nightmare in the shops! Most would say it is due to my indecisiveness, but could it be because I am not being sold to? (That’s right, it’s never my fault!)
In my quest to improve my decision making process when traipsing down the high street, I sat myself down and had a good old fashioned think about the state of my shopping nation. Here’s what I came up with:
- I’ve walked into the shop – Check!
- I’ve got money to spend – Check!
- I know why I should buy this t-shirt from this particular store – Not so much.
So I think it’s analogy time…
- I’ve typed in the keywords – Check!
- I’ve clicked on your appealing ad – Check!
- You get the picture…
Just as I want the ‘Full Story’ and am spending my time annoying my companion by ‘browsing’, your visitors may be doing the same. Only they are really just getting annoyed themselves.
- The Obvious – Give your visitors the ‘Full Story’ i.e. educate them on the unique advantages of working with you. Share the intricacies of your product, your company and yourself. Build trust and keep them coming back – to buy, not browse. A quote and a ‘Buy From Me’ is just not going to cut it.
- The Obvious Message to Me – Stop SEOcialising your life and buy the God Damn T-Shirt!