Nic n Cher Re-United and On Tour…again
What is a road trip without a blog re-cap?
So, Nic n Cher have been re-united – with a BANG! My flights from Winnipeg were pretty uneventful, unless you count how I almost missed my flight out of Montreal AGAIN! How hard is it?! Get off one plane and get on another… Not get off plane, lolly gag around airport, lose track of time, then beg airline to put baggage back on and let you back on minutes before take off and ages after check in.
Anyway, long story shorter, I made it home and to Nic’s for a bit of shut eye before our road trip to Manchester to meet up with fellow SEO’s to discuss, among other things, linking strategies, the benefits of marketing on social networking sites, and why we don’t use the Yellow Pages anymore. There may have even been a conversation involving me looking like an ass because I couldn’t remember the domain I had purchased years before. For the record, Andy, I did not spend the rest of the evening telling ‘lies’. Had you stayed however…
It was interesting to hear other points of view on hot topics in the industry and even some on old topics that are still pertinent – guess we’ll always be researching keywords, like it or not! The SEOMOZ Quiz fueled a few fires as well.
So much for long story short eh? Finishing off with the always popular Top Ten List:
1. Happy Hour in the Britannia Hotel Bar, pre-Ape and Apple. – 4 Buds
for £5 People
2. What’s a road trip without a gas scare?
3. What’s a road trip without losing the map…twice!
4. Participants from the two largest countries in the world, Canada
and Russia. Can anyone tell me which one is bigger?
5. Meeting a sober SEO, that is still fun!
6. Stumbling drunk Wedding goers that made me look sober and still fun.
7. Meeting an array of SEO’s from the UK, on the down side though, we
didn’t get to meet them all…
8. Long shorts even though we finally got twin beds!
9. My favorite part was when we were only served drinks twice at
dinner and when all other tables gradually either ate and ran or just
10. What’s a road trip without getting the finger from a pedestrian
and his dog that the car in front of you splashed!
11. Bonus – www.dryheave.com
Special Thanks to Rob who helped me order a non-spicy, spicy dish on Saturday night. Maybe you really are EVIL…