Guide To Commenting On Blogs
As a nice follow up to my posting yesterday on Blog Spam, LifeHacker has posted a guide on how to legitimately leave comments on blogs. A refreshing twist as my attention has now turned from spammers to those of us out there who genuinely have a comment.
Anyway, here is the short list but I highly recommend checking out Lifehackers post:
1. Stay on topic
2. Contribute new information to the discussion
3. Don’t comment for the sake of commenting
4. Know when to comment and when to email
5. Remember nobody likes a ‘know-it-all’
6. Make the tone of your message clear
7. Own your comment
8. Be succinct
9. Site and link to your sources
10. Be courteous
11. Keep you emotions in check
12. Don’t feed or tease the Trolls
Nic n Cher have a re-newed faith in bloggers and have decided not to disable the comment box.