Nic n Cher’s Monthly Trivia Challenge – October 07
October 2007 is Beer Trivia Month
- What beer is ‘the beer out here’?
- What is the Most Expensive Beer in the World?
- What country has the most individual beer brands?
- From what part of brewing did the term “rule of thumb” originate?
- Who was the first American to brew lager type beer?
- What is Cenosillicaphobia the fear of?
- What is brew master in Latin?
- Explain the roots of the Scandinavian toast, sköl.
- What king is known as the “patron saint of beer?”
- What was the length of Prohibition?
- What is the best selling brand in the Western Hemisphere outside of the United States? What country is it brewed in?
- What is the world’s strongest beer?
- What state has the highest rate of alcoholism?
- Which city hosts the outrageous festival of excessive beer drinking known as Oktoberfest? What month sees the launch?
- Which beer is the ‘King of Beers’?
- What beer slogan is ‘Tastes Great. Less Filling.’?
- What beer do the slogans ‘Out of the darkness comes light’ and ‘The most natural thing in the world’ belong to?
- The name of the ‘National’ beer of the United States is the world famous ‘Budweiser’. What other country produces its own ‘Budweiser’, known as ‘Budvar’?
- What beer has the slogan ‘It can’t get any better than this.’?
- What year was the first beer can produced?
- Bottle caps or ‘crowns’ were invented in what year? Bonus: Who
- In what year was the Fort Gary Brewing Company resurrected? (It was bought by Molson in the 60’s)
- How many beers are in a keg?
- What beer is brewed in Glasgow?
Come on everyone this is just for fun and we will do a full write up on the winner and runners up.
(please email your answers to “trivia at nicncher dot com”)