Oh no… the Bombers Lost!
And…. I got home at 3am on a school night. Two losers.
We were only 5 points shy of taking home the silverware. We are still proud of our boys though! They have done Winnipeg well.
In honour of this great city, November’s monthly trivia is dedicated to it:
1. What does ‘Winnipeg’ mean? – Cree word meaning ‘muddy waters’
2. What children’s story book character was named after Winnipeg the Bear? – Winnie the Pooh
3. What year were the Winnipeg Blue Bombers founded? – 1930
4. What NHL team used to call Winnipeg home and what year was their last season? – The Winnipeg Jets, left in 1995 (Boo!)
5. When was the last year the Winnipeg Blue Bombers won the Grey Cup? – 1990
6. What two rivers make up The Forks? – The Assiniboine and The Red River
7. What year was Winnipeg incorporated as a city? – 1873
8. Where is the ‘golden boy’ located? – The Manitoba Legislative Building
9. What are the two main newspapers published in Winnipeg? – The Winnipeg Free Press and The Winnipeg Sun
10. True or false, Winnipeg is the slurpee capital of the world. – True
Bonus Question: Why is Winnipeg so windy? Because Saskatchewan BLOWS!